Himachal Pradesh GK part 2 | Most Important Question In HP Exam
11. Spiti river is the tributary of which of the following rivers?
Correct Answer: A [ Satluj ]
Notes: – Spiti river, which originates from Kunzum range, is the tributary of Satluj river.
12.Where is Renuka lake located?
[A] Nahan (Sirmaur)
[C] Paonta Sahib
Correct Answer: A [ Nahan (Sirmaur) ]
Notes – The famous Renuka lake of Himachal Pradesh is located near Nahan in Sirmaur
13. Who among the following discovered Shimla in 1819?
[A] Lt. Rose
[B] Major Keneddy
[C] John Lawrence
[D] Lord Amherst
Correct Answer: A [ Lt. Rose ]
Notes: – Lt. Rose discovered Shimla in 1819 and set up a wood cottage here.
14. In which year did Maharaja Ranjit Singh invade Mandi?
Correct Answer: A [ 1830 ]
Notes – Maharaja Ranjit Singh invaded Mandi in the year 1830.
15. What was the reason of Temur-Lang not invading Nagarkot in 1399?
[A] Difficult Terrain
[B] Heavy Rainfall
[C] Revolt in his army
Correct Answer: A [ Difficult Terrain ]
Notes: – The difficult terrain of Nagarkot prevented Temur-Lang from not invading Nagarkot in 1399
16. Who was chosen as the president of the provisional government of Himachal Pradesh formed in 1948?
[A] Kanshi Ram
[B] Y S Parmar
[C] Sadanand Chandel
Correct Answer: C [ Sadanand Chandel ]
Sadanand Chandel was the president of the provisional government of Himachal Pradesh that was formed in 19481.
17. Which of the following district of Himachal Pradesh is known as “Chhota Kashi”?
Correct Answer: A [Mandi]
Notes: – Mandi is one of the central districts of Himachal Pradesh state in northern India.It is not connected to any other state of India.It is also known as Chhota Kashi bacause of large number of pilgramage sites located in the district.
18.Who authored ‘Tarikh-i-Yamini’ containing the descriptions of Mughal expedition of Himachal?
[D] None of the above
Correct Answer: B [ Utbi ]
Notes: – Utbi authored the book ‘Tarikh-i-Yamini’ containing the descriptions of Mughal expedition of Himachal.
19. Which ruler helped Jahangir invade the Kangra Fort in 1620 AD?
[A] Raja Raj Rup
[B] Raja Chattar Singh
[C] Raja Megh Singh
[D] Raja Jagat Singh
Correct Answer: D [ Raja Jagat Singh ]
Notes: – Raja Jagat Singh of Nurpur helped Jahangir invade the Kangra Fort in 1620 A.D.
|Best book For HP GK||Himachal Darpan|
Latest Himachal GK 2021
HP Govt Notification